Summer evokes feelings of lightness, lazy days, and is the perfect season to play around with bright colors. We call it mood lipstick. The last thing I want to do when it is 100 degrees outside is put on a facefull of heavy makeup that I know is going to melt right off the second I step out the door, so I keep it light and fun. We spend hours getting our skin summer ready: we exfoliate, wax places that haven’t been waxed in months with quick and easy No Mo-Wax Kits, and get that glowing, sunkissed look we have been waiting for through those long winter months. What better way to show off all that hard work we put in than by throwing a bright pop on our pout? Below, we rounded up the best glow inducing colors for every skin tone!
Nude lipsticks are a staple for every season, but try to punch it up a little for the Summer months:
- Peachy nudes add a great pop of color to fair skinned beauties.
- Glossier Sheer Matte Lipstick in Cake
- ColourPop Creme Lux Lipstick in Hades
- Too Faced in Peach Kiss Disrobed
- For medium to darker skin tones, orange nudes are the way to go.
- Nudestix Cream Lip + Eye Pencil in Ripe
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Ticket Me
Reds + Corals
What better way to highlight that fresh, fuzz free lip wax from No Mo Stache, than with a classic color in a brighter tone?!
- Reds + Corals can play across skin tones. They offer a varied amount of intensity depending on your hue. Here are some universally flattering top picks.
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Feels So Grand
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
- Revlon Super Lustrious Lipstick in Fire + Ice
- Elizabeth Arden: Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Neoclassic Coral
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Color in Coral Lustre
For the extra fearless femmes who really want to brighten up those hot, sultry, summer nights!
- Bold shades to stand out on every skin tone.
- Mac Retro Matte Lipstick in Relentlessly Red
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Electric Pink
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in both Mandarin and Publicist
Playing with Summer lip colors can definitely be fun, but the most important rule to follow is to stay true to yourself! Changing our lipsticks can definitely bring about a confidence boost, but don’t force yourself into a trend that makes you feel anything less than fabulous. Taking good care of your skin is important year round, but remember that playing with makeup is called ‘playing’ for a reason! It shouldn’t feel like a chore, it should be something you do because you enjoy it for YOU and nobody else!
If you want extra proof that lipstick can brighten not only your pout, but your day, then check out this fun article: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/psychological-benefits-of-lipstick_n_4722612
We hope you enjoyed some of the options above, but let us know if there is a fiery Summer color that you are dying to share in the comments below!